Madrid, Saturday, June the 13rd 2015
Venue: Fundación Abogados Atocha, C/ Sebastián Herrera 14,
(Main room 2nd floor; workshops 1st floor)
09.00 – 09.30 Registration
09.30 – 10.00 Official Opening
10.00 – 11:15 OPENING SPEECH
“Penal actions against hate crime and discrimination. A Perspective from the Specialized Prosecutor Office”.
Miguel Angel Aguilar. UPF representative and Coordinating Prosecutor against Hate Crime and Discrimination Service within Barcelona Prosecutor Office.
Introduction and moderation by Charo Alises. Lawyer and President Human Rights Committee of Málaga Bar Association. FELGTB Legal Group.
11:15 – 11: 45 Coffee break
11.45 – 13:00 The efforts of LGBT NGOs in making hate crimes visible.
- Report on Transmurder monitoring 2015. Transgender Europe. Carla La Gata
- Report on Hate Crimes against LGBT population in Spain, 2014. Observatory “Redes contra el Odio”. FELGTB. Alberto Martín Pérez.
- Improving victims’ awareness in Norway. Norwegian LGBT Association LLH. Oddvar Thorbjornsen.
Introduction and moderation by Rubén López. FELGTB.
13.00 – 14:00 Police management of diversity and fight against hate crimes.
- Report on Police management of diversity and LGBT population. UNIJEPOL. Yolanda Pecharromán Lobo
- Collaboration experiences of police bodies with civil society.. Social Diversity Management Unit. Fuenlabrada Local Police. David Martin Abádanes
- Collaboration experiences of the police unit of fight against hate crimes in Oslo. Ingjerd Hansen. Oslo police district. Steering board of LLH’s project “Pink compentency justice”. Ingjerd Hansen.
Introduction and moderation by José Fco. Cano de la Vega, UNIJEPOL and Platform for the Police management of diversity.
14.00 – 16.00 Lunch
16:00 – 17:15 Invisibility and Intersectionality. Victims at the edge
- Work on hate speech at religious communities. President ENORB, European Network on Religion and Belief. Alan Murray,
- Vulnerability of people with mental or development disability at court with regard to police and legal proceedings FEAPS legal advisor. Inés de Araoz
- Empowerment of my identity; from Curro with a C to Qurro with a Q. Fundación Secretariado Gitano. Qurro Camacho.
Introduction and moderation by Federico Armenteros, Fundación 26 de Diciembre
17:30– 18:45 Hate Speech
- Laws that respond to hate: The Cataln experience. eugeni Rodriguez. President of the Observatory Against Homophobia Catalunya
- “Building the foundation”, strategic litigation against hate speech. Santökim´ 78. Kitty Anderson
- Channeling across the web and empowerment against hate speech.. Communications director, Change.org. Albert Medrán
Introduction and moderation by Nayra Marrero Jaén. FELGTB.
18:45 -19:15 Summary and Conclusion
Ruben López Díez, FELGTB Management team, Alberto Martín Pérez and Jenifer Rebollo, Managers of the project Hate crimes and discrimination against LGTB people.
Simultaneous Workshops. Hate crimes and discrimination against LGTB people
14:00- 16.00 Worshop 1. Legal work on hate crimes
14:00- 16.00 Workshop 2. Registering hate crimes